Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend in the Mountains

RUNNING IN HELEN

It's no secret that I've been out of town almost every weekend for the last long while..I like it a lot...but this coming weekend is one of those where I have nothing planned, except for a friend's birthday party.  What am I going to do with myself?

Anyway, here are some pictures from my latest trip.  This time to I went to North Georgia to a small town outside of Helen with Anna for a wedding.  On the docket I had planned a 22 mile run on Saturday morning, but as it turns out, I didn't know the distance from where I was running and solely ran on time.  I think I ended up doing about 19-20, but it could have been a little less.  What happened?  Well, I stopped so many times to take pictures and enjoy the scenery that by the time 3½ hours had passed I just wanted to get back!

Here's what I saw.

Rehearsal dinner.  It was simply a beautiful night and weekend, it couldn't get much better...
Highway 255 just before sunrise.
Eerie fog.
More eerie fog.
Highway 17.  I noticed the sun in the road reflectors so I turned around.
Even more eerie fog.
I learned all about the industrial revolution from Tommy.
Dam it!
Helen, GA.
Moo cows.
So, I am on my way back and what do you know?  I see these two turkeys stroll out from someone's yard.  As I got closer I prepared myself to deal with the impending attack as they would surely try to peck out my eyes as they crap in my hair just before they take off.  Well, that didn't happen.  I could have caught one of these with my bare hands.  Were my friend Paul here, he could have checked one off on his life list.  Anyway, these two clowns, obviously preoccupied with with gettin' it on, had no intentions of moving...I knew where I wasn't welcome so moved on.
Cue the Marvin Gaye...
Scenery.
So, that's about it!
The wedding was AWESOME!
The reception was AWESOME!
The afterparty was AWESOME!
Congratulations y'all!  I'm so glad that I got to come out this weekend!  May you have many many many many happy years together!


No comments:

Post a Comment