Monday, March 19, 2012

The Best Pedestrian Tour of Atlanta

THE PUBLIX GEORGIA HALF MARATHON


If you've wanted to take a tour of Atlanta and didn't have a car but had a couple of hours to kill and weren't scared of thugs this is it.  Every time that I've run this race, I can't help but to think this very thing.  Now, the marathon might be longer, but it runs through some pretty boring areas.  This one is short and sweet taking you through some of the following areas:
  • Centennial Olympic Park
  • Five Points / Downtown
  • MLK Memorial / Edgewood Avenue
  • Inman Park
  • Little 5 Points
  • The Carter Center
  • Virginia-Highland
  • Piedmont Park
  • Georgia Tech
  • Finish back at Centennial Olympic Park
So, you can see, this is pretty awesome.  The course isn't all that challenging, however there are years like this past one where the temperature can get up there.  Unfortunately after a winter of running in some pretty cool temps we were forced to slow down because of this.  Whatever...I run for fun...remember?
Pre dawn, pre race.

She runs for fun too.

I thought they were throwing Skittles at me.

Determined.

Pasta Boy? I must have been drunk when I registered.

OK, so after my failed simultaneous finish at the RT, one of my goals was to cross the finish line with Anna at the same time rather than ahead of her.  Reckon, we did really good at a simultaneous finish.  BUT, there is always a winner...AND...it wasn't me...

Love this race!

No comments:

Post a Comment